Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Ovar it!

I did it!!! I got both of my New Years resolutions done in January this year!!!!

1.) Start a blog
2.) Get a hysterectomy

BOOM! I'm feeling very accomplished at the moment.. aaaaaand also high on morphine too ;-)

My surgery went well today & Dr. Monk told my family that he didn't find any cancer, but that he is very confident that I will NEVER get Ovarian Cancer.

NOVARIAN CANCER!!!

That's what it's all about. (Well, that and it's all about that bass)

My shoulder pain is gone from the CO2 they use during surgery, it only lasted a few hours.

Other than that, I just have a deep raspy cough from when they had me on a ventilator and it's pretty awful coughing with these incisions, but that's just me being wimpy.

This experience has put A LOT of things into perspective for me about how my mom feels after her surgeries (which are WAY more invasive) and also how she feels on pain meds and why she doesn't feel up to a whole lot.)

My mom is just so amazing. She does all of it with love and grace and has inspired me my entire life.

Thank you mom, for the gift of life... A 2nd time.

Thanks everyone for the overwhelming love and support & all the well wishes!

......aaaand I'm off to snoozeville <3

No comments:

Post a Comment