Thursday, January 22, 2015

Aftermath

Wow! Once the morphine wears off, you become fully aware of how much recovering from surgery sucks!!

I thought it would be a walk in the park since it was the robotic surgery.. Not so much the case.

It's been hard to breath because of the pressure and even worse to cough! I sneezed this morning and I started questioning if I was gonna make it! Lol (slight exaggeration, but it was really bad)

I'm off narcotics and trying to cope with just IBProufen. Narcotics make me feel really gross.

I had an awesome nurse at the hospital all day yesterday! He made me get up and walk around, even though I tried my hardest not to! It payed off though because now I'm able to get out of bed on my own.

I am home now.

I have no regrets. Even though the recovery has been much harder than I anticipated,  I can now have peace of mind knowing that I won't get ovarian cancer.

I still highly recommend all BRCA patients (females) having this done.

It only hurts til the pain stops. (My old boss used to say that)

Thanks for all the flowers & cards! It means a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment