Monday, June 29, 2015

The saddest episode

Emotional mother/daughter scenes in TV shows and movies really get to me.

I mean, I'm not running out there and watching "my sister's keeper" or "Marley & Me", but cancer is so prevalent in today's society (which sucks btw), but now it's made it's way on to all my favorite TV shows too.

The place I go to escape reality and reality comes right back, smacking me in the face!

My husband and I have recently started watching "Parenthood".

LOVE this show. What's even better, is that we can watch it all the way through to the series finale without commercials! WIN! Thank you Amazon Prime!

**spoiler alert**

One of the characters gets breast cancer. She undergoes a mastectomy and chemo and has a scare in one of the episodes that had my husband and I in a tear soaked puddle of sadness.

We've both lost a parent in the last few years. It's been so tough. This is the first time we both broke down emotionally over a TV episode though! Lol!

I mean, sure.. I'm the one who's secretly blubbering like a baby during Bambi, or when little foot loses his mama and gets a tree star. We've even had heated debates because he didn't cry at the end of "The Notebook". In fact, he got up and grabbed a beer during the saddest dang part! I have accused him of being heartless and empty inside because of his lack of emotion sometimes, haha, but he's just a guy and he can't help it that "The Lion King" doesn't move him to mourn!

Last night was rough though. Cancer, a parent dying, a heartfelt goodbye, and 2 saps on the couch. Dealing with loss SUCKS! I hate that it's a part of life.

I Love You Aaron Keil! It's you and me forever! I'm doing everything I can to NOT get these dang cancers!

No comments:

Post a Comment