Tuesday, July 7, 2015

"The Book of Excuses"

My mother used to always say that she could write a whole book of excuses.

Excuses for being late, missing appointments, cancelling plans, you name it.. she had an excuse for it.

I think my favorite was when she would call her doctor's office and tell them she couldn't make it because she was too sick!! Mom, really?!? DUH!!!!! That's why you have to GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! We would laugh til we cried about it.There's a thousand more just like it too.

Of course everyone close to her knew about this incredible talent that she possessed. I, of course, always knew when she was using one of her amazing "one liners" on me, so they never worked with me! She never needed an excuse for me though. Sometimes it felt like we were on a whole other wave length.. Our own special kind of crazy ;-)

What is the best excuse you've ever come up with to get out of something?!?

I always wanted to write a book about my mom's life and my journey with her.... I just had a momentary thought... The title of that book would be... "The book of excuses"

I've toyed with "The funny story behind mom's cancer" but she was so much more than her cancer.. WE were so much more than her cancer. "the invincible woman" would've been suitable, til she passed...

"My guardian angel", but that title wouldn't sell books..

Who am I kidding.. pfft. I'll never get around to actually writing a book!

....but hey! Just in case I do.. I have a title!

No comments:

Post a Comment