Tuesday, February 3, 2015

The hardest thing I've ever done...

Sorry for the gap between posts.

My mom's condition has rapidly declined over the weekend and she is no longer lucid.

Watching every breath she takes and hoping she's as comfortable as possible, I've let a few things fall by the wayside.. Like, eating, sleeping and my blog.

It's such a wave of emotion. I want her to stop suffering, but I don't want her to go. She's ready, so I want her to go, but I want to keep her forever. I want to crawl into bed with her and hold her until she passes, but then I know she just wants to sleep, peacefully, and not be nothered.

My brother (Kyle) and myself take turns sitting quietly and holding her hand. He was there almost around the clock with her yesterday, while Phil & I (my mom's husband) made funeral arrangements.

Both were hard places to be.

Both needed to be done.

This is the hardest thing I've EVER done. I'm an Army wife, I've given birth, had a hysterectomy at 29, been away from my husband for WAY too long, but yes, THIS is still the hardest thing I have EVER been through! I don't wish it on anyone.

Know your family history, get tested for the BRCA gene.

I love you mom. FOREVER


2 comments:

  1. Kym, my heart breaks for you right now. I am teary just reading this. We love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete